Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Storyteller's Challenge n. 11 - Crazy



I was about to write something about the worms in tomatoes conquering the world, but felt lazy. Here's an attempt at a really short story (keyword here: attempt)

Awww, so cuuuteeee! Yeah, the spider of this story is definitely not like this one. 

"Steee--"
"Shut up."
"--eeeee--"
"Shut up."
"--faaaaa--"
"For the last time--"
"--aaaaa--"
"Will you shut up already! You're annoying!" Stefania could feel multiple gazes fixed on her, but didn't pay them any attention, opting instead to glare menaciously at the spider on her left hand.
"And you're making everyone even more convinced that I'm crazy."
"Oh, honey, you're not crazy, you know that." a sweeter voice intervened.
"Yeah? Tell me why she can talk to a spider and a fly?" 
"I'm a ladybug, not a fly!" 
"You're prey anyway." As if to punctuate the statement, the spider moved his fangs in what was evidently an imitation of eating. Stefania didn't need to look at the ladybug on the wall to know she was unaffected.
"Seriously boy, who taught you to threaten random ladies on the streets?" 
"We're in a cafeteria right now, not a street."
 The girl decided she had had enough and tried to tune out of the conversation and enjoy her coffee. The task wasn't certainly easy, not when the duo's bickering arrived directly to her mind.
"Anyway, you can't be sure the girl isn't crazy." 
"She--"
"I'm not crazy, stupid arachnid. And if you continue I'll stomp on you."
"You're not crazy, sweetheart." 
"Yes, she iiii-- Hey, are you crazy?!" Stefania smirked and stopped her hand a second before hitting the spider and leaving a large mark of black on the table.
"I'm not crazy."
"You're talking to a voice in your head and you think it's a spider."
"It is a spider."
"You can't know that..." 
"Do you know what the females of your species do to their mate once..."
"Okay, stop it! I'm still single, you know, I don't feel like thinking about death yet." 
"You're a spider." the girl's smirk became even larger.
"That doesn't prove you're not crazy. You're still talking to a spider." 
"Sh-shut up already!"
"Ooooh, she's realizing..." 
"Stop that, uncivilized brat, she's not crazy!"
"You know better than me that she is." 
"I'm not! Not crazy!" Stefania voice was bordering on hysterical. Anyone who hadn't been staring until then was surely doing it now.
"Come on, honeeeey, admit it. The first step is to admit it!" the spider drawled in a bad imitation of the ladybug's voice. Stefania could feel her heart rate quicken. "Am not!"
"Are too, Ste! Just let yourself go..." 
"Shut up, already!" she attempted to smash the disturber against the table, but it just jumped off and started tap dancing on two legs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


For those who don't know me yet, hello! I'm a crazy teenage writer, inventor of the Storyteller's Challenge and overall a geek. English is my third language, so I'd love you eternally if you pointed out my grammar mistakes. As an aspiring author, I'm always up for constructive criticism. A big hug and may the Force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment