Sunday, August 17, 2014

Storyteller's Challenge n. 14 - U.S.S. Kittyprise

So, I really felt lazy today. Plus, Assassin's Creed is waiting for me. So here's a random story. No cats were harmed in the making of this. Check in tomorrow for a summary!!

Left to right, random cat and random cat. But I'll call 'em Blackie and Silver. 


"Good morning, liutenant Silver."
"Good morning, captain."
"Is everything ready?"
"Aye captain, we're ready to beam down to the planet's surface."
"Good. Do it."
Silver clicked his heels and ran over to the controller.
"Blackie, stand by for beaming down. Okay captain, we've reached the planet's surface. I can see a Giant Sock, shall we explore it?"
Captain Red frowned. Silver's voice was distorted. Very much unnatural.
"Silver, can you hear me?"
"Captain? I think there's a disturbance in the electromagnetic field."
"Stand by, liutenant, I'm beaming down."
In the blink of an eye, the captain was by their side.
"Wait a minute, cap!" Blackie protested "You're a red! You're in danger right now!"
"Do not worry, Blackie, the captain never dies. Stand here, I'll explore that Giant Sock first."
Red went off, while Blackie and Silver were left to wait. Time passed, and the two of them were growing worried by the second. The captain was not coming back! What if he had been caught?! It was normal for away teams to get lost forever in Giant Socks - the phenomenon was largely unknown.
No choice but to wait.

Enrico entered his room humming a random melody with his headphones off. He threw himself on the bed and turned to the side.
Blink. Blink.
Yup, it's real. 
"Elena, your cats are playing with my spaceship model! And Red is stuck in a sock. Again!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment